Thursday, April 24, 2014

Crazy Things Happen

20 years ago, if you had offered me a million dollar bet that I would wind up living down the Jersey shore, working as a Personal Trainer, and owning a dog, I would have taken it. I would have told you that you were crazy. I would have bet against any one of those things.

And, I would have wound up owing you a lot of money.

I had a vision of what I would be and what I wouldn't be. That vision, like a goal, helped me focus on what I wanted to achieve, but also closed me off to a lot of things.

Goals and focus are important—they are necessary to reach the highest levels of success. But, it's also  important to realize that your goals may change. And, that's ok. It doesn't necessarily mean you failed because you didn't achieve the original goal. It means your priorities changed.

Keeping yourself open to possibilities allows you to experience more things. It also allows you to achieve more things.

I see this with training a lot - people are closed to possibilities of what they can do. Someone watches a video on YouTube or see someone at the gym doing something she thinks is really impressive and she'll never be able to do. I either tell her she already does a version of it, she can do it, or she will be able to do it. She replies, "No way", or tells me I'm crazy.

This is what I LOVE: I have her do it, or a modified version of it. And, I tell her to be impressed with herself.

Keep yourself open to all the possibilities out there, even if they seem crazy. Crazy things happen. And, they can be awesome :)

#possibilitiesareendless #youneverknow #neversaynever


No comments:

Post a Comment